MERCEDES 280 SL PAGODA (EURO, MANUAL) 1968
A very well preserved MB W113 280 sl “Pagoda” European and manual (the most popular configuration of the Pagoda). This car was sold new in Spain were it has been since, far away from the high humidity and rust producing northern European roads. During the last 22 years the car was owned by a family company that have run prestigious dealerships in Spain with BMW, Ferrari, Porsche, Mclaren….. This Pagoda was traded in for a new Ferrari in 1997.
- Production date: 1968
- Registration date: 22/11/1968
- KMS: 69,000
- VIN : 11304410005505
- Matching-Color: Solid Color Red 576G (Ivory white steering wheel, hubs and hardtop)
- Original 280sl pagoda engine with its identification plate and stamped number. Compression test done (dry and cold) 150Psi (+-5%) in all 6 pistons. So we can confirm that the engine is in optimal condition. You can also hear the engine sound and see the exhaust smoke in our video.
- Gearbox matching number data card
- Rear differential matching number data card
- Bosch Headlamps matching data card
- Upholstery matching : MB 131 code
- Body number stamped in front hood, soft top cover, gearbox support and hardtop. See pictures.
- 4 owners
- 22/11/1968 Car register in Madrid
- 1986 The second owner bought the car
- 1997 The Pagoda was traded in for a new Ferrari
- 1997-2019 The car was owned by a family company that have run prestigious dealerships in Spain
Datta card and car matching equipment:
- 651 Original Radio Becker Grand prix
- 416 Hard top mounted
- 422 Power steering
- 531 Automatic antenna
- 565 Rear site sideways
- 641 1 piece hubcap
- 600 Garnish Moulding Hard Top
During the last 22 years the car was owned by a family company that have run prestigious dealerships in Spain with BMW, Ferrari, Porsche, Mclaren…… The car has been maintained in their workshops.
- Mechanics: All the mechanics parts have been replaced with original parts.
- Chassis and bodywork: This car has spent most of its life in the south of Spain away from humid conditions. This has allowed the bodywork remain in good condition regarding rust. A full bodywork reparation was not required but some parts have been restored to have a very healthy unit.
We bought this car some months ago and we have invested more than 6,000 eur in order to improve its condition to high standards. We have done the following works:
- Bodywork defaults réparation
- Full paint respecting original color
- Chrome parts reparation
- Windshield replacement
- Bad condition gaskets replacement
- Full mechanical inspection
- Soft top maintenance
- Oil and fluids replacement